This year, 2011, has been all about becoming the person I've always wanted to be instead of continuing to be the person who says "well, someday I will". I'm not the person I want to be yet but the baby steps I've been able to take this year are starting to get me there.So, I need to make a new goal list - we're in the last quarter of the year so maybe I'll have two - one for Nov and Dec 2011 and another for the first quarter of 2012:
- Sell artwork - make money!
- Sell extra stuff
- Find a nice sized, clean, quiet, dry, well lit place to move to in Brooklyn and then move there
- Make friends
- Book shows for 2012
- Lose weight, tighten up - get physically ready
- SELL THE F-ing KAYAK!
- Sign an art rep
- Book participation in at least 6 groups shows in and around NY
- Book 3 one man shows in NY
- Sell, sell, SELL work! Make MONEY!
- Find agent and publisher for book(s)
- Achieve seemingly impossible goals:
- Get in the New Yorker
- Get work in New Museum
- Book shows in Germany, London, Netherlands
All of it sounds nuts but, I've found, when I set definate goals I have a better chance of reaching them.....for the most part. What is it they say: "Fail to plan, plan to fail" - even if the plans seem too big, plan anyway.
- have truck towed to mechanic
- go to social security office
- mail out proposals and queries
- clean up Cave
- finish "Waiting"
|The old broad with the bun.|