Wednesday, September 21, 2011

09/21 - Work in progress

Since I couldn't sleep, I got back to work on both paintings. Since I'd already (my usual steps listed a 2 blog posts ago) added black background, chalk outline drawings, highlighted in marker, added acrylic color, more black (my usual steps listed a 2 blog posts ago) , I've started going in with oils.

Aside: The top of "Dysfucntional objects" is heavy with thick textures, the bottom has almost no texture beyond paint strokes. I use both thick textures and lite content to emphasize portions of my works - at either end of the spectrum there's an idea or feeling I'm trying to convey.

"Angelina's wheels"

No comments:

Post a Comment