Wednesday, September 7, 2011

09/07

Just submitted my first query email to a rep - I'm anxious because I don't have a contact with this woman so it's a complete leap of faith, belief in what I've made and developed plus a hefty measure of courage that got me to finally do it. However, having Manhattan toy store owner Tina, at Kidding Around, give postive and encouraging feedback and direction to me over the weekend has left me feeling particularly courageous.

After looking at publisher's sites and reading over their criteria I feel it's smarter to find someone interested in not only being my editor but also a buffer. Over the last few years, I've realized at times I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to people who hold power over me and I'm much better off finding someone I trust to broker certain situations with and for me. I.E.: People are confusing and I need help.

Well, it's off to Providence today - gotta get my book to Kinkos to be rescanned again and swing by AS220 and then paperworks to pick up supplies for the next printing.

Man, I'm pooped but I've got my symbol of the furture sitting right in front of me, it's one of the very few souveneirs I bought on my little trip but it's designed to keep me focused. It's supposed to help me to keep my eye on  the prize: a 6" Statue of Liberty, torch raised high with "FREEDOM" inscribed on the base. It is a reminder as to what I am working towards and what I want: my freedom and success thru living in NYC.

Another coffee first....

No comments:

Post a Comment