Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday 03/26

It's been a tough few days this week - I'm getting the book ready for the show at Craftland in Providence. I was invited to enter my book in the show.....Wed. 03/15 (?) and have been working, non stop, to get the job done. My hands are swollen leaving my fingers clicking, my elbows feel stressed, my fingers are cracked and dry and my feet and legs are killing me but I am going to get this done.

So far I've redrawn 28 illustrations, handprinted 22 of them and have 10 more to go. That's, at minimum, 40 silk screens being coated, exposed and many of them, in the end, showing a problem that renders the screen useless thus having to be washed down, dried and coated all over again. And, if a problem shows up after the screen and illustration have been exposed the screen is useless and the whole process has to start over again. I'm physically exhausted by this but I can't not do it  - just a few more to go and then we bind this first run for the show.

I'm exhausted, sore and in pain but I am going to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment