Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday 03/12

I think I'm on a rol with my silk screening but I've realized I've been trying to print the project in a stilted manner. I've been trying to print everything in color - that's 32 pages plus book liners and maps each takes 3-7 colors, that's 3-7 different screens, and at one illustration at a time the process is frustrating and stlited. So, starting next week, I'm going to print the entire book of illustrations in black and white, which will take me (with boo boos) approximately 2 months as opposed to printing each page in full color which could take me about 9 months....a conservative estimate. Once I get thru the black and white printing process I'll then go back and start at the begining in color. I made the decision last night and was able to knock out 3 pages (and an extra fun illustration) in about 2 hours PLUS I was able to get 7 screens coated and ready to shoot. The system is coming together.

Now, onto this weekend's to do list:
  • ink illustration for at least 3 more pages (to print Tues)
  • contact Craftland about showing sample pages
  • carve out remaining book illustration images from Jack Harington's baby memories
  • carve out heads for "Men in bear suits" print
  • paint
  • contact Lori about portfolio brochere
  • walk Bugsy
  • shower
Yup, that's about it. It's been a successful week and I want to make sure I keep the momentum going. There's still so much to do - I really need to set up shows, I should be able to be in at least 1 or 2 shows a month.....how can I make this happen???? There's gotta be a way.

P.S. Will start posting pics of print images and artwork soon but a lot of it is already available on FB under the name Beck Lane Artist - if we're not "friended" let's "friend"!

No comments:

Post a Comment