Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Location, location, location

Part of the problem I have is finding a spot in the Cave de la Hermitage' (my rental) that can hold paintings while I work. I live in a cinderblock structure with no windows but two skylights. I've been working on a set of paintings of figures falling - one is large-ish 4'X4', the rest are 13 12"x12" canvas'. The 4'x4' is no problem but the smaller canvas' are harder to work with bc I have no place to hang them so I can see them in a set of any amount other than one and I work fluidly in sets of 3 or 5 paintings at a time.

Yesterday I found 3 screws in the cinderblock, that means I can finish up this bear. I can hagn the smaller work and just get it done.

It sounds so silly stated but bc I need to paint and I work so fast something as small as a few screws in the wall can be a major relief to me bc they allow me to simply work. Now I know I can get thru this set and, in a few days, start the next. Relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment